You may be familiar with some of the past Komickrazi group fursuit projects including:
Money bucks: www.furaffinity.net/view/11730…
Vikings! Wolves of war: www.furaffinity.net/view/14825…
Seasons of Red Pandas: www.furaffinity.net/view/18040…
I love making these group suits. Seeing a collection of matching or themed suits together adds so much fun and excitement to fursuit performance.
Not including the original Money bucks, every fursuit project I have made has been at the suggestion or inspiration of someone else. Hearing suggestions from others gives me an idea of what people are excited to see or love to wear. So, in order to continue on this tradition, I have elicited to make the next Komickrazi group project to be designed by YOU! How? Why with a contest of course!
What is this?
A contest to design/create/inspire an idea for a group of fursuits.
What will I win?
If your design is chosen, you will win a FREE fursuit from the project you design. You will also have first choice of the characters designed.
How do I enter?
All entires can be emailed to me at: devon[at]komickrazi.com
Entiried must include.....
1) Your name
2) Identify yourself (link me to your FA account, deviant art account, Alberta furries member page etc.) so I know who you are ^_^
3) What cons you normally attend?
4) Your design idea
What kinds of designs do you accept?
I will accept the following:
- a drawing of the group (for example: www.furaffinity.net/view/93523… )
- ref sheets of each character ( for example: www.furaffinity.net/view/18040… )
- a collage of photos and reference images including your animal of choice, and any colors or symboloy you want attributed to them
- a detailed description of the basic idea (for example: The build-your-own viking, or Adopt-a-dragon-egg concept)
When do I need to get my design in?
You have until July 1, 2016 to submit your entries, this gives you almost a full 5 months to design.
When will winner be announced?
I will decide the winner no later than July 31, 2016
When will I get my prize fursuit?
Once I have selected the winning design, I will discuss with you the best convention to participate at for the group to come together. Once the convention is determined I can finalize timelines on your prize completion
IMPORTANT RULES and INFORMATION:
1) You MUST attend or plan to attend a convention in the next year. By designing and winning a suit you will be obligated to attend a convention with the rest of the group in suit. If you do not attend or plan to attend cons, you cannot meet with the rest of the group and therefore cannot take part
2) You DO NOT have to be an artist to participate. I will accept art on pre-made free templates, detailed descriptions or collages of photos. Even if the art isn't there, if your concept is interesting or exciting to me, I am willing to consider it.
3) If you win the contest, you give me the rights to use your art to produce the final fursuits. Any art you do is yours to keep, but the designs must be forfeit to me to create from. HOWEVER! If you do NOT win the contest you may keep any art you produce as your own to keep or sell as you see fit. I do not and will not keep the rights to any art or ideas submitted to me.
4) Copyright characters and ideas are NOT allowed. No pokemon, My little pony, etc characters.
5) All types and styles are welcome; I am happy to make full costumed themed partials, 3/4 suits, digitigrade, or plantigrade. I am also willing to make both toony, semi real or realistic.
6) You must make AT LEAST 2 characters. There is no such thing as a group of 1. I would prefer 4 or more, but if the design or concept is fun, I am willing to make less.
7) You may enter as many times as you want with any unique designs you have. However no matter how many entries you submit, only ONE will win.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to comment below.
Good luck everyone!